What is Blended Learning?
Blended Learning and education technologies are changing classroom instruction at an incredible pace. New touch-based interfaces, cloud computing, and skill-specific applications are becoming cheaper and more powerful every day. Students are more attuned to using tech tools and teachers must keep up with best resources and classroom practices. The space is expanding rapidly and it is essential that districts, schools and teachers have guidance in choosing, understanding, and leveraging the best usage for these tools. Let the Highlander Institute show you how best practice in edtech integration and blended learning can increase personalized instruction and student engagement. Whether you are an edtech novice or a school that is ready to go 1:1, the Highlander Institute can help you take the plunge. We practice what we preach and offer differentiated professional development services that are tailored to staff needs.
Our Blended Learning Services
Transformative Consulting: As the lead consultant in Rhode Island's first blended learning school, Pleasant View Elementary, we have experience tackling blended learning at the school-wide level.
We can help:
- Run a building infrastructure needs-assessment to test bandwidth, feasibility, etc.
- Find the best vendors and order hardware/resources
- Recommend the blended learning model that works best for your school
- Review and choose best content providers for your school and budget
- Train your teachers in blended learning best practices
- Run your blended learning program from infancy through maturity
We can help:
- Assess the Educational Value of Technology Software & Hardware Products
- Provide consulting to EdTech product developers seeking to understand user needs
- Design and Develop EdTech products that meet the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Incubate products and services developed by educators and professionals in the space
Workshops & Conferences: Opportunities to build community and learn from one another. EdTech Up, EdUndergroud, Blended Learning Conference. Please view the events tab to see upcoming events in this particular area.
Blended Learning Blog
December 9, 2013Hour of Code a Huge Success!
September 24, 2013Kickoff Meetup for EdTech RI
April 19, 2013Teacher Buying Power: An EdSurge Opinion Piece from Tech. Director, Shawn Rubin
March 12, 2013“Learning to Blend” – Institute featured in Providence Monthly
February 12, 2013The 2nd Annual Blended Learning Conference
February 7, 2013Blended Learning at Pleasant View Elementary
December 12, 2012Classroom Blogs at the Highlander Charter School
December 12, 2012EdUnderground makes an impact in Rhode Island
November 15, 2012What is an EdCamp?
November 15, 2012STEM Center iPad Integration Training